People in Edinburg protest against Trump who is staying at a Scottish resort after contentious UK trip

Map. History of UK conflict

17 August 2018
Northern Ireland's Sinn Fein says the homes of former leader Gerry Adams and another prominent party member have been attacked with explosive devices.
Theresa May's new Brexit proposal is a "solid step forward," Angela Merkel says
More photos from RIAT18: a @usairforce B-1B from @28thBombWing, Japan's Kawasaki C-2, a German Air Force Panavia Tornado, and a Royal Netherlands Air Force Chinook.1 month ago
An amazing view from the cockpit of one of the RAF Chinook helicopters over The Mall and Buckingham Palace from the RAF100 flypast on Tuesday.1 month ago
1 month ago
Metropolitan Police says detectives investigating the Novichok poisoning of Charlie Rowley and Dawn Sturgess believe the source of the nerve agent was a small bottle found in Charlie Rowley's house in Amesbury
1 month ago
"Lots of people give me advice about how to negotiate with the European Union." That was Theresa May's answer to a question about Trump saying he gave her advice about Brexit. "My job is actually getting out there and doing it. And that's exactly what I've done."
Get that fart out. Get that fart out. Get that fart out - protest against Trump in London1 month ago
"Get that fart out. Get that fart out. Get that fart out" - protest against Trump in London
Huge TrumpProtest in Portland Place. Can't see how it will move south down Regent St as thousands are still heading north from Oxford Circus, being corralled round onto Mortimer St then Gt Portland St to join rear1 month ago
Huge #TrumpProtest in Portland Place. Can't see how it will move south down Regent St as thousands are still heading north from Oxford Circus, being corralled round onto Mortimer St then Gt Portland St to join rear
Michel Barnier speech especially resonant today: "We share similar values with the UK. We both promote a rules-based order.. and the stability of our continent."
Barnier slideshow, when asked about Brexit white paper. He says he is working on basis of EU proposal: "Never before have we proposed such a partnership with a third country."
EU approach to Brexit summed up by Michel Barnier. "There is no justification for us to unravel what we are because the UK is leaving."
Barnier refuses to comment on Trump Sun interview: "The UK is leaving it is the choice of the UK government."
Michel Barnier gets out what he calls "his favourite slide" aka Brexit steps of doom. "All these models are available for the UK, it is their choice they close the door themselves"
1 month ago
"Our Brexit plan will deliver on what British people voted for," emphasizes @theresa_may.
Nuclear proliferation "is the biggest problem in the world," @POTUS says, adding he understands nuclear because he used to speak about it with his uncle who was a physicist at @MIT.
1 month ago
"They didn't put in the headline. I wish they put in the headline," says @POTUS of his praise of @theresa_may in @TheSun interview.
1 month ago
ISIS supporter Husnain Rashid who called for an attack on Prince George has been jailed for life with a minimum of 25 years at Woolwich Crown Court for a string of terrorism offenses.
1 month ago
"I would much rather have her as my friend than my enemy," says @POTUS of @theresa_may.
1 month ago
"At some point she can do what I suggested" on Brexit, says @POTUS. "She's a tough negotiator."
1 month ago
"I welcome the meeting with President Putin" but important @POTUS goes into it "from a position of strength," says @theresa_may.
1 month ago
"CNN is fake news. I don't take questions from them," says @POTUS. "Let go to John Roberts of Fox.
1 month ago
His advice on Brexit to @theresa_may might have been "brutal" but @POTUS says he can't specifically remember what he recommended.
1 month ago
EU on trade treats "the United States horribly," says @POTUS, complaining about car tariffs.
1 month ago
"He'll be a great prime minister," @POTUS says of @BorisJohnson. And "this incredible woman is doing a fantastic job."
Trump: I do think Boris would make an excellent Prime Minister (says it twice)
Trump: $34 billion more being spent by NATO nations since I took office, "Do you think Putin's happy about that? I don't think so"
Trump: I will discuss with Putin the subject of Russian intervention in the US elections
1 month ago
"Let me clear about this: We will be leaving the European Union," says @theresa_may.
1 month ago
"We have been far tougher on Russia than anybody," says @POTUS.
Europe needs to tighten immigration policies, says @POTUS.
We respect your privacy. Our website is using cookies for 3rd party advertising, analytics, language and user settings. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of cookies, Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
I agree